mm128

Curtain hanging advice

M M
19 August, 2019
last modified: 19 August, 2019

Hi,

Im looking for some advice on the best way to hang curtains to make the most of my window.

Its a double sash window with some panelling at either side - I’m not sure if it counts as a bay window but almost.

I know I position the rod a few inches above the top of the frame but I’m a little more confused on the width.

I probably want the panelling on display as much as possible, but maybe should have the curtains covering the vertical frame sections otherwise they might look a bit lost? Or should the curtains fall at either side of those?

length wise I was planning to have a few inches on the floor as it seems the easiest to measure and not get wrong haha.

thanks