Balcony glass balustrade

Mary
9 October, 2019
last modified: 9 October, 2019

Hello,

i hope someone can help me. I live in an apartment building where all the units have a balcony glass balustrade. Recently I noticed this in one of the glasses - the stainless steel piece at the bottom is kind of slipping off the glass. Hopefully this is clear in the picture. Apologies i couldn’t take a better picture against the backdrop outside with all the trees and other buildings.

The building manager recommended a glass contractor that they used to look at it and I am quoting what was provided to me:

-silicone that is binding the glass to the stainless steel frame is wearing off.

-will try to avoid dismantling the glass to prevent breaking it

-install support around the glass.

-remove existing silicone on all 4 sides and put new silicone leave it to dry totally for a couple of days before removing the support.

-2 trips to complete the work

Anyone know if this is recommended work sounds right? i am wondering how does he (the contractor) ensure all the old silicone is removed and the glass won’t drop before he put on new sLi one. I tried to ask the glass contractor but he assured me it’s been done this way many times with no problem. i hope to find out if anyone out there can give me some more ideas:

1. how can such glass problem can be fixed?

2. who is the right person to do such repair job?

3. What is the average price and time needed for such repair? A ballpark figure?

according to my building managemen, no other units encountered the same issue as mine.

.

Thank you and i would appreciate any help and advice.

Comment