jonespr1

Worktop Advice Needed...

jonespr1
4 years ago

We've just ordered units for the kitchen and utility room of our new build, delivery in 4 weeks time and are struggling to decide on what worktops to choose, would appreciate some advice :)

The kitchen has large format tiles as shown in the picture, with Heron Grey units in the main L-shaped run and Carbon units for the island. The walls are Dove Grey and windows in RAL 7016 - so a lot of grey! That said we were hoping for grey worktop as well, but from looking at inspiration on line it seems most pair this with a whitish worktop, which we're not that keen on. The units are standard width and around 7m long with the island 1.2m wide x 2.6m long. We're looking at something like a quartz worktop, ideally matt or not too shiny - with 3 kids in the house we don't want to be constantly cleaning it.

The utility room is very similar, planked tile floor which has shades from light to darker grey, Heron Grey units, Dove Grey walls and RAL 7017 windows. The worktop can be the same or different to the kitchen, this is a much smaller room, only around 3.6m of worktop needed, however it's our intention to bring the units out an extra 50mm from the wall to enclose our free standing appliances in 700mm wide units, which means that a standard width worktop won't be deep enough - if this will have a considerable implication on cost we may need to re-consider!

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.