muhammad_ilyas40

Which Boards to Use in Wet Area - Showers

Muhammad Ilyas
4 years ago

I had new washroom done last year and I am having all sorts of leaks behind tiles and grouts under the tub.

Having reviewed by professionals - I came to know that the problem is that there are two layers of tiles. And my builders last year plastered on top of old tiles to put new one in.

So solution is being suggested to redo the shower walls. Take both layers out and reboard it and then retile it.

Now I am getting different suggestions about boards.

Green Boards

Cement Hardi Boards

Wedi Boards

etc.

Looking at internet I found out that if you use Cement boards then you need to make them waterproof. But if you use something like Wedi they are well suited for wet areas.

I don't really need to know all this but having one job done wrong this time I am trying to find best profesisonal and also best meterial to use to not have the problem again.

Thanks in advance.

Comment (1)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.