clintonbeattie

White Silestone Quartz recessed drainer or not and staining

clintonbeattie
4 years ago

Hi all,

Urgent as we are getting worktop measured for tomorrow morning! Real use advice would be appreciated most :-:smile:
I will summarise:

1. We chose Miami White Silestone quartz. Beautiful. Will look amazing.
2. Got a call from installer just advising us that the recessed drainer may be more prone to staining from foods/red wine etc.
3. Now we are thinking no drainer, or grooves
4. We just had grooves in last granite worktop. They were useless and pointless.
5. Some info from Silestone website:
"Because quartz countertops are made with around 6-10% resins, they are non-porous and never have to be sealed."
"Water and other liquids will not stain a white quartz countertop"
"Quartz is chemically inert, which mean that it does not react to most chemicals. Because of this physical and chemical property, there is no need to worry if wine, citrus juices, or many common cleaning materials come in contact with the surface."
6. All very reassuring until you read about some people having issues with staining and even the installer has advised that it may occur.
7. We are happy enough to to wipe up after all spillages etc. It is just the recessed drainer that has thrown us.
8. We are thinking, because we have a large sink 55cm x 40cm we could have an over sink drainer (we we could store away) and a mat possible if too many dishes. We have a dishwasher too (slimline). The having no recessed drainer would also give us more work surface as it is a very small kitchen.

Is it madness to not have a recessed drainer or drainer grooves?

Many thanks for reading through all this and eagerly await your advice.
C

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.