elaine_keep

SLIDING DOORS IN A NARROOW HALLWAY

Elaine Keep
3 years ago

Our 60's home has a long narrow hallway which has little light. The utility room/garage is off to one s ide followed by the stairs on the other side of the hall is a door to the cloakroom (to be extended to include a shower) a large cupboard for boiler and washing machine At the end of the hall is a wall and a door to the kitchen. Between that and the stairs in an under stairs cupboard where we put shoes etc. All these have doors which open into an already narrow hallway and it is driving me mad. I am proposing to have a new glazed front door and a glazed door to the kitchen to maximise and light available . The other doors I want to be sliding- either barn style or pocket doors. I have had a few builders in who frankly are not keen. This area seems very poorly supplied by trades people prepared to do anything outside their convenience. Any suggestions? Moving is not an option for a few years yet.

Comment (1)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.