helen_brady51

Help with our 60's house exterior please! X

Helen Brady
3 years ago

We've bought a late 60's house which is kind of ugly but lovely! Definitely needs a facelift as it's looking bit tired but we want to do it sympathetically and not turn it into a modern-looking house. We are struggling with exterior ideas so would really appreciate some help?
This is what we've thought so far:
New windows throughout- slim aluminium frames but not sure what colour?!?
Replace exterior cladding/balcony wood with warmer-toned wood (which we prefer and would match interior cladding).
Bricks- do we leave them or paint/stain them grey or black?!?! Think we'd like the look of them painted grey but worried it's a bit of a trend atm, isn't good for brickwork and isn't really in-line with mid-century ethos of materials being shown in their most honest form.
Or do we keep the bricks as they are and maybe expose the concrete cantilever (which is covered in white paint currently)?!?
But then what cladding/ window colours etc?!?
Aaargghhh! Just too many decisions! We'd just really appreciate some fresh eyes on it, if anyone has any ideas please let me know!
We are renovating the interior and eventually will landscape it but will have to do it in phases due to the cost but we want to do it really well and sympathetically so want to go on with a masterplan before we start any work.Will attach some pics for reference!
Thanks in advance everyone! Xx

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.