amanda6849

Debris from chimney after Woodburn installed

Amanda Rossiter
3 years ago

I've recently purchased a house which has a multifuel stove installed (installed around 5 years ago). I have been assured that the chimney was thoroughly swept before stove, lining etc was installed. However, the top plate was covered in debris. We filled half a black sack with soot etc. Is this normal? More importantly is it safe to use my stove?
I had the chimney swept again last night, but obviously this is just within the new linings of the stove. There is now a load more debris sat on the top plate, guessing due to the vibrations of last night's cleaning. Advice very welcome, have only ever had electric fires before.
My chimney sweep didn't say much about it, but my concern is that that's because he apparently did the sweep before his brother installed the stove.

Comment

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.