dattaric

Victorian terrace - Kitchen layout advice required!

dattaric
last modified: last month

Hi all,

I really need your help to understand if my idea is seriously flawed or wonderful hence any advice or insights from you would be great.

My idea: To connect Living Room 2 (referred to as the cinema room) to the kitchen by a large 2.2m x 1.6m window (similar to below).

Reasons:

1) Allows us to keep an eye on the young kids from the kitchen.

2) Keeps the kitchen and Living room 2 divided but connected. You'll be able to see the garden from Living room 1.

3) Lots of light.

Some more detail:

Yellow highlighted area - we will block off the door and have a large window on the back wall of Living Room 2

Blue circle: Create an entrance to Living room 1

Red circle: Cut back the walls to connect both Living room 1 and 2 but then separate with glass folding doors.

The reason being that we can separate off as a snug room but easily open up when requires. Creating that whole divided but connected feel. Also, when that kids grow up then the function of Living Room 2 will change.

Hope the above makes sense and would love you views and insights.

Thanks again

Take care

RD