plusmarcus

Please Help... Needing redesign ideas.

Malcome A
3 years ago

Hello all, we need help to see how we can turn this project / layout into a better family home.

Unfortunately although our bid was accepted for the property on my previous post, we did not manage to sell our own property quick enough therefore we lost out on that property - but ever cloud has a silver lining.
The new property that we have found is
a detached built in the early 1900s.

There is enough garden space to extend at the rear (subject to planning permission) - but we are reluctant to do this (straightaway) due to the budget as the whole house already needs total renovating.... you name it, it needs doing (rewiring, plumbing, damp on exterior walls - believed from drainage issues).

The layout of the upstairs isn’t bad but the downstairs layout as it is just doesn’t work.
The lean to will have to be pulled down (see photo.

I’ve had a quick play with layout & moving the stairs and walls to create a different follow downstairs but I’ve got very little experience.

Any design suggestions/ideas is very much welcomed.

Comments (19)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.