What to do with Victorian house galley kitchen? Ideas please.

Arwen Webb

Hi, I am in the process of purchasing a Victorian terrace house. The kitchen is a small galley kitchen: it has an old fireplace (now used as a cupboard) at one end, this separates the kitchen from a small utility area complete with a toilet (which I will be looking to remove!). Also in the kitchen there is a door accessing the cellar.
As you will see from the plan and the photos, there are many doors taking up much needed space!
My idea is to see if I can knock the fireplace out (it is supporting so RSJs will be required) to make increase the size of the kitchen. Then again not sure how realistic this would be (RSJs into party walls?).
I am also having a loft conversion done so would like to avoid the expense of another extension.
I would be grateful for any ideas.
Many thanks.