webuser_524854903

for plan transformation

J J
3 years ago

Hi - I’m about to buy a victorian house and want ideas on how to redistribute the ground floor. I want a toilet and I need a Laundry room/space. This is now on the ground floor but I also have a cellar I could potentially use. Any idea is welcome!

Comments (9)

• J J
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Anyone can help please :)

• PRO
    Nest Estimating Ltd
    3 years ago

Hi J J , once you have decided on a layout, we can provide you with a budget cost estimate. The budget cost estimate provides a detailed breakdown of works and expenses as well as highlighting potential areas where you can save money. If this is something of interest please send the plans and photos to hello@nestestimating.co.uk and we can provide you with a quote

• J J
    Original Author
    2 years ago

That’ll be great!

• PRO
    Nouvelle Ere
    2 years ago

Is the toilet to be on the ground floor? Because it seems like there is one already. Or is it to have two toilet rooms on the ground floor?

As for the laundry room, I definitely think the cellar is a good idea as it would have pros :

- no noise

- no risk of humidity issues in the living areas

- no laundry or basket visible to the visitors eye

- more space on the ground floor, which is always a plus

The drawings with colour you have uploaded, are they the changes that are already planned? Do we need to keep them in consideration?

• J J
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Hi thanks for getting back! We’d like to move the toilet from the back to the middle as it’s a waste of a nice view to the garden. I stead we’d like to have a breakfast place at the back. But please feel free to come up with a new solution!
    Laundry room in the cellar sounds great!
    The coloured lines was our idea of the new layout but again feel free to offer something different.
    I’m also open to know more about your services.
    Thanks!

• PRO
    Nouvelle Ere
    2 years ago

No problem, I'm more than happy to help!

I agree with the toilets at the back being a waste, especially if you have a nice garden, a little breakfast nook would be perfect there. I would have some ideas to open up the space a bit more!

Do you have a file for the drawing? Or an image with some more measurements?

It would be nice to see some pictures of the house and garden if you have any, to see what the windows are looking out to.

I'd be happy to just sketch out a few things, but it would probably be easier for me and for you to exchange a bit more about your expectations and ideas, especially if you want some proper drawings (or even just to make sure I don't do anything you do not want).

That sounds great, we offer a wide range of services that could be adapted to any project and budget, we just want to help people achieve their goals of a dream home!

We do offer a free initial consultation of 15-30min, but also free calls for any questions or queries you might have. If that is something you would be interested in, feel free to give me a call : +447861676837

• J J
    Original Author
    2 years ago

I don’t have the measurements no. I only have the pic that I posted

• PRO
    Nouvelle Ere
    2 years ago

Hi, I've done a couple of options.

I personally have a preference for the first option : It's nice to have an open straight hallway, it gives a change to the light to travel through the whole house. This option also allows to have a nice little breakfast/informal dining nook. And I do like the idea of big glass doors for the main dining/lounge area.

For the second option I thought you might want to consider the idea of a kitchen isle. It definitely is a bit less common to have the kitchen this close to the entrance but it allows for a bigger entertainment space and a nice central kitchen isle. The layout being like this also allows the lounge to be at the back of the house with full view in the garden, this could be nice and add a nice relaxing feeling and environment to the lounge.

I hope these options are of any help. :)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.