webuser_964373514

shocking home buyer survey

Angela Thrift
3 years ago

I am selling and my buyer had HB survey done. as a result they have pulled out of the sale! my EA has managed to get a copy of the report. it is horrendous. I have lived in my victorian terrace for 4 years without issue. now there is a 43 page document with issues of damp, roof problems, pointing problems , insulation issues, and lists of potential problems that could be if investigated further!! just wondering if anyone has been through this? it says needs extensive work and more work than the average purchaser would expect. the EA said its one of the worst surveys he's seen in 30 years!! the sale was going on smoothly until now. my house has has so many compliments, very well presented, lovely style and character. only moving as we need something bigger now..just wondering if anyone has had similar experiences with victorian homes? thank you 😔

Comments (13)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.