webuser_716976746

Thermador range noisier than others?

HU-716976746
2 years ago

We are total newbies trying to build a house from across the ocean during a pandemic and we have no idea what we’re doing! Construction is just starting and the house is estimated to be ready by Christmas. Our builder recommended Thermador appliances and we chose a 48” range with one regular and one steam oven. We know delivery times are long and the salesperson said Thermador prices were going up as of May 1 so we had the builder place the order. Now we have found out that Thermador ranges can be noisy, which we really don’t want! Apparently the appliance salesperson said the Thermador can be loud but no louder than Viking or any of the other ones.

We love to cook but we’ve never had “high end” appliances and we naively assumed any of the well-known brands would be similar. The salesperson said we can switch to Thermador wall ovens/cooktop but that doesn’t work for us. It’s unclear whether we could cancel the order and choose a diffeeenr brand from the same store.

I’ve read the threads about Thermador noise but I’m wondering how bad it is with the ambient noise of cooking and a busy family and also how it compares with other similar brands. Any info would be appreciated. Thank you very much.

Comment (1)

• Sonia
    2 years ago

I see what you mean that there are lots of complaints about that brand. Is there an option to hear the range whilst working, for example at the retailers showroom? What to do is your decision, but I would personally look for another brand and make sure you see it working. Is it an American brand? All the reviews seem to be in the US.

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.