webuser_374240067

About to order new kitchen - any last minute changes/ideas?

Nathan B
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

So far all the advice I've had has been invaluable, so thank you everyone.

We're just about to place our order with DIY kitchens for our kitchen and bar area, it's going to be Inframe Helmsey, Dove grey for wall units and Cobham Blue for the island. Floor is going to be limestone. Thinking a antique mirror backsplash to help bring the outside in.

Anyone got any ideas/changes, open to all ideas, little touches like staggering things to add more detail etc.

Floorplan:

Renders:

The colours are off as anyone thats seen a dove grey kitchen from DIY actually looks more like this:

https://static.diy-kitchens.com/assets/images/kitchen_review_images/2463/large/1.jpg

I've tried using the oak in places where there's glazing and the bar area to tie the two and introduce a bit of interest.

We want the chairs to curve round the island so there's the ability to sit across each other and not in a line. Also gives more flexibility in the morning (sit at the side and watch tv etc).

The bar area is where the wine cooler will be and effectively the "drinks station".

Would love to hear your thoughts/any ideas!

Edit: To give an idea of real space, this is it's current state - annoyingly I couldn't get it all in one shot:

There's two roof lanterns in the extension part which when not covered up will bring a good amount of light in.

Comments (25)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.