belbo_muggins

Kitchen Designer Help

belbo_muggins

Hi Houzzers,

I remember reading on here a while back that it is possible to hire a kitchen designer to design a kitchen plan which you can then take away and send to a few kitchen companies for quotes on how much they would charge to build your kitchen.

This would be good for us, as we would be able to compare like for like quotes based on our design instead of having to get our plans re-done with each new company we would like a quote from.

Most of the professionals on Houzz seem to be both design and build, and I'm not sure they would provide the design only. Am I searching for the wrong keywords, or is it just a case of reaching out to a few people to see if they would be happy to do design only?

Another concern is that we are looking to spend cira 10k for a medium sized kitchen, so we can't have anything too upmarket or bespoke and don't know if there are people out there who would provide this service for a non-bespoke ordinary kitchen.

It would be great to hear from others who have already done this, approx how much we would expect to pay for for a kitchen designer to create us a design, and if kitchen companies are happy to take your drawings and quote them, or if most would prefer that you use their inhouse kitchen designer?

Thanks!