mollyslight

How much space to leave for dining table and chairs

mollyslight

We are planning our kitchen renovation and I am trying to work out how much space to leave for a dining table and chairs. Any advice would be really helpful, as most of the websites I have found are American and the rooms there are clearly much bigger!

The total space for the kitchen and dining is 2.92m wide by 5.73m long. The kitchen will be galley style when you enter the room and the dining space will be at the end in front of the sliding glass doors, which will lead out into the garden. There is no scope for extension. We are wanting to get as much kitchen space as possible as we are keen cooks, but will need a dining area that can comfortably seat 4 around a round or oval table, with the capacity to expand this at Christmas/other family occasions, even if it is a bit of a squeeze! Obviously the width is fixed, but I would love to get people’s thoughts on how much space to leave length-wise.

Thanks very much for your help!