acheungy

Orig Timber floorboards or Engineered wood for wet underfloor heating?

Andrew Cheung
2 years ago

Hi there, sorry I just joined, but I want to insulate my suspended timber flooring on ground floor. Do I lay the insulation up to level of joists and then replace existing floorboards, and then lay underloor heating on top of existing floorboards and then cover with enginereed wood covering? or

install insulation with battons leaving a space to put underfloor heating, and then use existing floorboards - this seems to be the approach but I thought the existing floorboards were too thick for underfloor heating to penetrate?

Also as I'm waiting to do extension out back, I only wanted to insulate first, until such time the rest of ground floor is ready and can do the underfloor heating installation all in one go at later stage?

The kitchen extension is going to be concete, so is there one wet system that deals with concrete floor as well as suspended timber floor?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm just at the start of my journey. Many thanks Andy

Comment (1)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.