poppophouse

Kitchen Lighting

poppophouse
last year
last modified: last year

Too many options !! Help !

I'm all out of ideas but I realise lighting is SO important, I really want to get it right. I've attached a very rough floor plan ( the yellow indicates natural light sources - 4 x 1m square rooflights plus a 3.6m set of bi-folds as marked. The kitchen is approx 6m x 6m.

There's really only one run of units with reeded glass wall cupbaords above ( which will be internally lit and beneath) with an AGA in the middle of the run, plus a 2m x 1 m island with a small 2 ring induction hob for when we have to turn the AGA off in the summer ( usually about 4 weeks - typical English summer !) .I've also marked where our curent table is which seats 6 but I don't really want to commit to being there - so just to give an idea roughly of where it will be. The room is roughly 6m square and west facing so it has good natural light.

Ideally I'd like lighting over the island plus a pendant arrangement over the kitche table. I haven't got a clue how many recessed spot lights I'd need or where to put them. Any pointers ? Also are there any good showrooms to visit within the M25 that anypne can recommend ?

Rooflights and bi-folds in yellow

Comment (1)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.