kathryn_brown198

Tiny bathroom advice needed :)

K B
last year

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone could help/provide feedback re the ideas I have about how to renovate my tiny bathroom.

It measures 1.7m x 1.8m and I have 3m high ceilings.

These are the things I'm thinking/would like:

- keep a bath and get a bath over the shower (type of shower TBC).

- replace the basin with a similar unit and add a concealed cistern to tidy the loo up. (I'm limited re the choice of off the shelf units due to size)

- I'd like to add a shattaf spray near the loo if space allows

- mirrored cabinet with integrated lighting above basin.

- towel rail

Decoration:

- larger tiles around bath (likely white matt)

- smaller tiles around basin/above loo as a feature.

- paint on the remailing bits.

Here are some pictures to give you an idea of the space I'm working with. I would change the shower and taps on the bath to the other side of the bath to allow for a screen. I'd also put a towel rail for hand towels to the right of the basin above the bath.

I would probably tile quite high around the bath/shower then half tile the remaining walls then add coloured paint in the remaining high bits.

Here's a mood board I made. I'd likely go for the white toilet/sink unit below and the black and white tiles above the basin and toilet. To jazz it up a bit, I quite like the pink paint.

Here are some things I'm unsure about:

- Is it overkill to have a dual shower above the bath in a bathroom this size? I've never had a rainfall shower as well as the standard one, but they seem to be the 'thing'.

- shower screen - any tips on hinged/fixed? I'd need to access the shower controls but cannot put them in the middle of the bath/a better position due to the wall.

- tiling - how much/how far should I go? Due to the height of the ceiling, the little tiles have made it feel a bit like a coffin! Is there a way to trick the eye/use particular paint colours in the higher bit to avoid that squeezed in feel?

Any feedback, positive or negative, would really help. I'm doing a solo flat renovation and there are too many choices to make!

Thank you so much :)

Comments (2)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.