webuser_213579835

Need help for redesign ground floor (extension and open kitchen)

Yeonghun Lee
last month

Hello everyone,

We've recently completed the purchase of our new house and are in the process of figuring out the best layout for our ground floor space.

We've decided on a few key changes, namely converting the existing conservatory into an extension and creating an open kitchen. Currently, we're working on the architectural planning drawings and preparing a submission to the council for obtaining Lawful Development Certificates (LDC). There will be multiple revision opportunities to ensure the proposed floor plan aligns with our family's needs. In this discussion, we're seeking your expertise to help us find the optimal plan for our family, which consists of a married couple and a 9-year-old child.

• Ground floor plan and working area

Here's what we've finalised so far:

1. Converting the conservatory into an extension and removing internal walls between the kitchen and conservatory.
  2. Creating a partition to separate the reception room located in the bay.
  3. Establishing an open kitchen.
  4. Incorporating a high ceiling with windows overlooking the garden area.
  5. Adding a utility room.
  6. Considering the possibility of a guest toilet.

The specific points we'd like to discuss are:

1. The shape and location of the kitchen.
  2. The optimal location for the utility room.
  3. Planning the aisle leading to the kitchen.

We appreciate any insights, suggestions, or advice you can offer to help us create a functional and inviting space for our family.

Many thanks.

Comments (3)

• Jonathan
    last month

Given the house has clearly had several additions over the years you might consider if the stairs are in the best location.

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.