Two storey house extension, this is the 2nd project I hired CVI Builders for. Three things I’d like to outline:
Speed and quality - our neighbor started the extension (a similar project) one month earlier, we finished two months earlier than them. The funny thing was to see their builders coming to check the progress of the CVI’s Builders work. Needless to mention that during the construction, we were living in the house and, I believe, were an obstacle to the faster progress of the job.
Problem solving - our architect didn't do exactly an accurate job with the measurements. Basically, beams wouldn’t align properly, if we were to stick with the design. It’s due to the team’s experience that they managed to sort this out, without affecting the heights of the rooms on the ground and first floors.
Thinking ahead - the manager would also let us know in advance what and when to do. But the biggest bonus was buying the materials in advance. The last August's (2021) hike in the building materials prices was a shock for everybody, 20% then 40% in September. The manager suggested we buy the materials in advance, so that idea came as a very good saving. I don’t know if I could manage to finish the project so quickly otherwise.
All to all, very good experience, greatly done and within the budget. I’d definitely recommend CVI Builders for this kind of works.
5 March, 2022Last modified:5 March, 2022
Average rating: 1 out of 5 stars
Unqualified Cowboy builders.
I hired CVI builders for a kitchen / living room renovation, bifold installation and landscaping.
This is a honest review of my experience with CVI Builders
- Valentin used people who are not registered or qualified for my electrics, plumbing and to work on my boiler
- we agreed 4 weeks, the job took 8 weeks and they didn't finish
- I saw a member of CVI builder who is not gas safe registered working in my boiler and I raised my concerns only for Valentin to accuse me of being a lair. Luckily I took a photo of him working on my boiler
- after making second payment, Valentin removed all the guys from the job so one guy installed my floor, radiators, electrics, kitchen and painted. He is not an registered electrician or plumber or skilled joiner. It took 5 weeks. When I questioned this, Valentin got aggressive
- Valentin refused to order anything including bifolds, worktop, radiators so I had to order them by myself
- The radiators they fitted are not working. The person who fitted them is not a registered plumber.
- the outside light they fitted for me is not working. Valentin did not use a registered electricians to fit this and most of my kitchen electrics.
- They did not follow manufacturers instructions when installing my bifolds door. They blamed the product and refused to rectify. They only rectified after I filed a complaint and withheld final payment and still did not fully rectify.
- the laminate they fitted is the uneven and creaking all over because they were not installed by a skilled joiner
- they randomly cut into the kitchen cupboards for no good reason
- they installed washing machine on one end of the kitchen washing machine waste/drainage on the other end of the kitchen (with washing machine going behind cooker and at least 5 cupboards) until I noticed and asked them to move it
- Valentin refused to put wires behind skirting and became aggressive (and said he was quitting my job) when I asked him to do this
- non of the guys on the job speak English and will not make an effort. This is not a problem but its an issue because a communication has to go through Valentin and he does not communicate with his guys.
- I noticed the kitchen edging had not been glued in all places and was coming off. I raised it with Valentin and he refused to fix it accusing me of damaging it. He got very aggressive and only fixed when I said I was not paying. Edging on worktop is coming off.
- Valentin lies about the most smallest things
- Valentin forgot to book building control appointment or could not get hold of them or downright lied about not needed building control visit. So... Guess what... I had to book all the building control appointments
- On the last day I had to call the police because Valentin refused to leave my home trying to force me to pay a few hundreds pounds which I refused to pay because they had fitted radiators and lights for me that where not working. And had refused to replace my leaking stopcock as agreed as part of my kitchen reno.
- we agreed for CVI builder to do my whole garden, when the job started Valentin said he only agreed to do 1/3 - this cost me a lot of money to finish up
This is not even half of what went wrong
29 May, 2021Last modified:1 June, 2021
209 purfleet road London ArenaRm15 4dt United Kingdom
No matter how big or small and offer the same high standards to every customer.
Provide Professional Advice and Inspiration
Tired of reading all the DIY tutorials? We are here to help. With over 2.5 million home professionals on Houzz, you’ll easily find the trusted professional for your next project.
Collect Reviews from Homeowners Like You
Read Reviews from Homeowners Like You. Read through the reviews of other homeowners before hiring a professional to help with your project. If you have questions, simply respond to other homeowners' reviews or head to our discussion forum for a second opinion.
Contact Pro in Just a Second
We have up to date contact information for more than 1 million home professionals. If you’re browsing Houzz and have a professional in mind, then you’ll quickly find that requesting a quote is easier than ever. And from one simple dashboard, you can even manage all the quotes you receive.