samolima

Houzz iPad App Keeps Crashing

Sam
Hi. For some reason my app keeps crashing every minute or so. This is my favourite app. Is it just me or have I worn out my welcome?

• njordan0714
    I deleted and re downloaded the app on my iPad a few days ago. It was working fine and today it started crashing again. I deleted the app and reinstalled it again. Am I going to have to keep doing this?
  • Emmeline Westin
    @njordan0714 - I'm so sorry that you're having issues with the app. The new release is scheduled for end of this month, so this should solve the crashing.
  • Natalie S
    My ipad keeps crashing...just locks up and pics won't slide anymore, nothing works, have to close it and then sometimes that still does not fix. I have to restart my iPad. Ugh

Ipad 4 ver 8.1.1ios
  • Emmeline Westin
    Hi njsmithin,

I'm truly sorry for this inconvenience. Have you tried deleting the app and then reinstalling it? As mentioned above, the new release is expected shortly.
  • faerygardener z7 CA

Been having the same problem for awhile on my iPhone 5s ver 8.2 ios. Houzz laptop version doesn't have the same recent activity option the app does, so I do miss it.

• Emmeline Westin
    Hi Maggie,

A new release is coming shortly, so hopefully that will solve your app issues. Is there anything specific you can't access/see?

The desktop version is different from the app version, this has mainly to do with layout and the difficulty in fitting a lot of text/content on a small screen. Is it the activity feed on the homepage you're missing?
  • faerygardener z7 CA
    Hi Emmaline, other then the crashing, I'm happy with the phone app. I've easily found the activity selection in the app that gives me a simple fast place to see any of the activities of the posts I have commented on, especially Garden web. I have not found this option on the desktop version, could be a learning issue on my part. With the crashing on the iPhone 5S, the app would open to a white screen and nothing would ever happen no matter how long you left it open. I have deleted the app and reloaded it and for now it is working.
  • Emmeline Westin
    Hi Maggie,

I've attached a screen shot so you can find your activity feed within Your Houzz - hope this helps. It seems like you're also viewing the UK site and not US site, for some reason, even though you are based in the US. You are obviously more than welcome to stay on Houzz UK, but this might also be why your user experience is slightly different from what you see in the app - there are features on the US site we currently don't have here, such as GardenWeb.
  • jjaazzy
    How do I access all the archives of info from garden web specifically the bathroom section. Btw I have a crashing problem as well on houzz.
  • Emmeline Westin
    Hi Jean,

You can access all the GardenWeb forums on the US site. This is the link to the bathroom section:
    http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/bath

And here's the link to the other home forums: http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums

Let me know if you need any help navigating these! Regarding your crashing app, please delete it and reinstall it. This should solve the issue!
  • cd32446

When is Houzz going to correct the crashing issue with their app!! The app continually freezes and crashes after a few swipes. I use an iPad Air with the 8.3 update, but this has been occurring for the last few months. I'm fed up having to do an uninstall/ reinstall. That is NOT a fix. This was a great app when it worked. I no longer recommend it to anyone.

• Emmeline Westin
    @cd32446 - I'm so sorry to hear that! Is there a specific section of the app you are having more issues with than others? It would be great to know so we can pass on to the team. The new release is scheduled to come out later this month.
  • cd32446

I use the Photos feature most of the time, and have deleted and reinstalled the app MANY times but it continues to "freeze". It just now "froze" again.

• Emmeline Westin
    @cd32446 - I have passed it on to the team now, so they're aware of the issue.
  • A U

The app is constantly crashing for me as well. I'm using Samsung Note 3 (android). I tried deleting and reinstalling the app a few things. Still keep getting "the app has stopped" error and app closes

• Emmeline Westin
    @wcutiew - Thanks for letting us know! Please can you let us know when it crashes - is it when you're browsing a specific section, e.g. Stories, Advice, Photos etc. Or doing a specific action, e.g saving a photo to an ideabook, commenting on a discussions etc. Would be great to know in more detail what's happening here.
  • A U
    last modified: 5 years ago

Hi Emmeline, it stops as soon as I click on the app. It says "Unfortunatelym com.houzz.app has stopped". I basically can't use the app anymore. I tried deleting and reinstalling about 5 times, same thing. When I report it, the preview of the report says "Crash, package name: com.houzz.app, version 5596, version name .2.4 Installed by com.android.vending, system a;;: false, device hltevzw, builld ID KTU84P.N900VVRUDNK1, build type: user, model SM-N900V, SDK version 19, Release 4.4.4. EXCEPTION CLASS NAME: JAVA.LANG.CLASSNOTFOUNDEXCEPTION, SOURCE FILE: BASEDEXCLASSLOADER.JAVA, SOURCE CLASS: DALVIK.SYSTEM.BASEDEXCLASSLOADER, SOURCE METHOD: FIND CLASS, LINE NUMBER 67, STACK TRACE.

I'm attaching Stack Trace screen shots

• debanger3
    Howdoideleteanythingonhouzze
  • debanger3
    To Samolima, my apologies for intruding on your turf. I am newish to this technical stuff and tend to make a lot of mistakes.
  • Emmeline Westin
    @wcutiew - Thanks for sending this over, it's been passed to the tech team now. I might ask for more information if they're unable to replicate the issue. Many thanks for letting us know and I'm so sorry the app is playing up like this.

@debanger3 - please can you let us know what it is that you would like to delete? If you're new to Houzz it might be worth looking through our FAQs: https://support.houzz.co.uk/hc/en-gb
  • alant1000
    Here is what keeps happening to mine, I've re installed a few times! The keyboard also sometimes does not work. IOS 8.3
  • Emmeline Westin
    Hi all, we are working on the new app, which hopefully will appear shortly in the App Store. It would be very helpful if you could submit a request on our FAQ page, with the issues you've encountered, including the iOS/Android version, as well as your platform. We need as many details as possible to replicate the issue and fix it.

https://support.houzz.co.uk/hc/en-gb/requests/new?ticket_form_id=9230

Please bear with us and keep reporting your issues so we can sort them out!
  • jacque330

My houzz app also keeps crashing. This has happened for about two months now. My iPad mini is up to date with all current operating systems and I have installed all Houzz updates. I have deleted and reinstalled the app several times. But every time I open the app it stays on the opening page and as soon as I try to look at some other page it crashes. Every time. So sad!

• summery

Having problems with the iPad app as of last night (May 12/15) refusing to stay open more than one or two seconds. The iPhone app is fine....?. I'll try ditching and reloading .

• summery

Btw - In ontario, Canada, in case that's relevant.

• Emmeline Westin

Thank you guys, please bear with us as we iron out the kinks!

@summery - A quick question for you, in your settings do you have set to Houzz UK or Houzz US?

• summery
    Hi Emmeline - I use the Houzz USA app. I kicked it out and reloaded it, and it's working fine again. Thanks!
  • Raeanna Kramer

When I push "post photo" it crashes and force closes. I have iPhone 6. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and I shut down and restarted phone without any luck.

• Tom Flanagan

Hi Raeanna,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble - this seems to be an issue for other users too. Could you submit a support ticket detailing the device and operating system you're using so our support team can tackle the issue?

Head to the link here to submit one! Thanks!

• Emmeline Westin

Hi all, the new Houzz iOS app has launched and is ready to be downloaded from the App Store now! Hopefully, this should solve your crashing issues and other problems that have been recently reported. If you spot any new issues, please report them with the link here. You can also read about the new update in this [ideabook[(https://www.houzz.co.uk/magazine/inside-houzz-updates-to-the-houzz-app-for-iphone-and-ipad-stsetivw-vs~49096947).

• kkaz5424

I have been a Houzz subscriber for a long time, about 2 years. Now I can no longer open your app. Why is this happening? I have some photos saved for a bath remodel, and I can no longer access them. Can you help me? I am on an iPad with iOS 9 operating system.

• Tom Flanagan

Hi @kkaz5424,

Sorry to hear you've been having trouble with the app. Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the it? Please try this and restart your device and see if there's a fix. Let us know if that helps and we can go from there if not!

• jjaazzy

Hello Tom Flanagan, I also have the problem and I have tried uninstalling and re-installing and mine still crashes. Very frustrating when you are viewing pictures and you have to start over each time.

• Tom Flanagan
    last modified: 4 years ago

Hi Jean Bo,

We have reported the issue to our Product team who are looking into the issue for us - please bear with us as we try to resolve this for you.

Thanks!

• jjaazzy

Thank you Tom I really enjoy Houzz. I am sure you will find a fix. The searches also seem a little different, less fine tuned. Before I could put in specific searches and it really zeroed in on the photos. Lately that seems less effective. Just thought I would throw another log on the fire.

• Tom Flanagan

Hi Jean,

Good news! An app update has been released which should fix the bug - please update your app and let me know if that works for you.

Hope that helps!

• triniteddy
    App Crashing issue is back. BIG TIME. I tried deleting and reinstalling a second ago and it's still crashing. Galaxy Note 5. but by the sounds of things, it doesn't matter what phone or operating system because tons of people are having same problem. here's a note to the team, try testing a profile with about three thousand photos in it I suspect that the app may be getting overloaded because I never had this problem until very recently when perhaps I passed a photo treshhold just guessing but I have a gazillion photos
  • Emmeline Westin

Hi triniteddy, this is sad news indeed! Which device and app version are you using? Would be very helpful to understand so we can replicate the issue - thanks for the heads up on photos! Hopefully we'll be able to solve this as soon as possible.

• triniteddy
    Emmeline,

First time back to the app since those posts, and the houzz app literally crashed three times before I could get through reading you post.

I'm on the latest version of houzz (just did a delete / reinstall to no avail). Galaxy Note 5.

Emmeline, did you see my note above about testing with high photo profile?
  • Emmeline Westin

Hi triniteddy,

A new version of the Android app was released this morning, so please try and download it and let me know if the crashing issue still persists. Hopefully the app works fine now!

• triniteddy
    Emmeline,

So far, so good. I'll keep you posted. Fantastic job. Thanks
  • Christine S
    Houzz app doesn't seem compatible with my iPad Pro. I can't see any photos, just black boxes where they should be. Is anyone else having this problem?
  • Emmeline Westin

Hi Chris,

I'm sorry to hear this! Have you tried to delete and reinstall the app? This normally solves any issues you might have.

United Tile

I am a designer at United Tile in Portland Oregon. I am trying to include the Houzz app on our Apple TV in our design showroom. It crashes every time you try to open it. I have deleted & installed it many, many times. It works fine on my PC, but my phone, ipad, or Apple TV. Everyone I talk to has the same problem.

• Emmeline Westin

Hi Tammy, thanks for reporting back! Do you get any error messages? Does it freeze?

• astrogirl
    Hi,
    I'm also having trouble. The app crashes whenever I try to view my ideabooks. When I press on my profile button on the top right of my screen it crashes.
    iOS 9.3.2, iPad Air. Australia
  • Emmeline Westin

Hi Lousclues, have you tried to delete the app and reinstall it again?

• Tee Tolliver

My iPad app keeps crashing as well!! Please fix it! LOVE the app!

• tjstarner58

I figured out that if I open the app on whatever device I am currently using like my phone or ipad before I share my screen with the Apple TV.

• Emmeline Westin

Hi Tee Tolliver, please try to delete the app and then reinstall it. If you're still having issues, let us know!