gosia_clarke

DIY Ottoman

Gosia Clarke
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago
I seem to enjoy creating ottomans out of old coffee tables and here is another one... I have been decorating/updating my house for the past 7 months. I started with my bedroom and really fancied the look of those expensive ottomans you can see in the magazines and online. So I decided to be creative and make my own. I was quite pleased with my efforts and I posted the pictures of my bedroom ottoman in this forum last month. I really enjoyed the whole process of turning something completely ordinary into something you will put in the centre of your room. The makeover of my lounge took a bit more planning. I decided to go for beautiful Laura Ashley Josette motif in duck egg (for walls) and dove grey for curtains and upholstery. Again, I visited my local charity shop and found a tile top table and knew this will be ideal for my lounge ottoman. However, I did not realise how much time it is going to take to remove the tile cement and prepare the surface! Anyway, after a few afternoons of painting, sawing, drilling, cutting, stapling, hammering of studs I managed to come up with this. I am sure it is not my last attempt at ottomans! ;)

Comment (1)

• Emmeline Westin
    9 years ago
    Beautiful, you clearly have talent for it!
United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.