hban7

Our new kitchen

hban7
9 years ago
Currently building an extension, we have walls but no roof yet.
New kitchen is going in extended area. Already decided on white gloss cupboards, grey quartz work tops, ivory matt porcelain tiles. (Plan shows wrong colour floor)

I really want a sociable island for the four of us, where we are not sat in a line but can see each other, as I really want to eat most of our meals here and have a more formal dining area. More than 4 seats would be a bonus. Not sure if island in current design will be tight?

I think the induction hob should be the same side as the sink?

Does anyone have a steam oven? Do you use it? Currently opted for 65L oven, 36L oven/microwave, 38L steam oven. But not sure if we should change the latter to another 65L oven? I currently have 90cm Range-master and use all the space in it.

Where you see a row of tall plain cupboards, the 2 on the right will be a free standing american freezer. Not sure if having TV on wall, that was just the designer.

Trying to decide on a signature colour for whole open plan area....husband doesn't want a signature colour...

Any other suggestions comments? As nothing is written in stone yet. Many thanks.

Comments (22)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.