alant1000

Kitchen before and after

alant1000
9 years ago
Hi all,

I asked for some advice here recently on a dilemma regarding whether I should refurb my kitchen or knock a dividing wall between the kitchen and stairs as a project. I found a company that could do them both for a good price, so went ahead. The objective was to fit a more modern looking kitchen that look more spacious and airy, and I was considering the removal of the wall for the same reason.
The member here boundsgreener gave me a brainwave about using open shelving rather than full wall cabinets to open the room a bit, and it's worked excellently. It's not an idea I had thought about. I moved the fridge and freezer to a single unit under the stairs, making room for 2 more floor cabinets, so I haven't lost any storage, in fact I seem to now have much more.

The whole thing was just over £5.5k fitted including appliances and decor, including knocking out the wall. It won't have added £5.5k in value to my house as its small and at the top end of the ceiling price due to location, but I'm really happy...for now :)

Before and after photos include the estate agent photo of kitchen 2 years ago when I very first moved in, looking terrible.

Comments (21)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.