elena_clark

New kitchen or additional room and possibly a downstairs toilet. Garag

Elena
9 years ago
Hello everyone,
Here is a plan of our house. initially we wanted to convert our garage into the family kitchen (family of 5) and where is the old kitchen we wanted to have a separate dining room.
At the back of the garage the ceiling is a bit slushed off because of the staircase above it. Homebase kitchen salesman suggested to create there an additional toilet (2.4 meter x 1.5 meter), we have two bathrooms already on the first floor. The length of the garage is 5,9. If we will create a toilet downstairs we are going to be left with 4.30 long room x 2.4 wide. The current kitchen area is 3.23 x 1.88 meter. The whole project can cost between 18 to 25 thousands pounds. The question is how beneficial and improving this project? It seams to much for a kitchen almost the same size... Or shall we make a big dinning room with a toilet instead and leave the kitchen where it is?
We would like to hear opinion of experienced people who has done those kind of home improvements. Greatly appreciated! Thanks

Comments (10)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.