snowbean_gw

Retractable down draft vent or pop up vent for island cook top

snowbean
11 years ago

I have looked all over this forum and haven't found many who love their pop up retractable down draft vent. Please let me know if anyone loves their vent and if it is reliable. My current 1988 electric jenn air stove top down draft vent is dying and sputtering. I have read someone here likes their Broan or Wolf retractable down draft vent ? Since I have existing duct work under my current stove top I may as well keep it and I'd like to get a normal electric cook top with a separate retractable stove vent. Is this is bad idea ? If I go with a Zephr island vent I would need to open up the ceiling, run new duct line, open a hole to exterior of my home etc etc...Zephr is 1500 + 1300 for duct + misc labor costs versus the down draft retractable vent for 1K + labor for new island top. sigh.....any input is greatly appreciated :)

Comments (9)

Sponsored
United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.