tracyjane4

Two differenct shades of brown leather in the same room?

tracyjane4
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago
Hi,

I have a small Victorian terrace house with the typical 22ft long, narrow living room.
At one end I have a solid oak dining table with dark chocolate coloured chairs. At the other end will be the sofa which I haven't bought yet.
I have chosen leather for it's durability and easy cleaning as I have a dog. I have picked a sofa based on looks, comfort, fillings etc. It comes in a choice of leathers.

My question is, can I have two different shades of brown leather in the same room? I don't want them to match. The walls will probably be white and I plan on having a white or similarly neutral coloured fabric wing back chair by the sofa next to the fire which will kind of sit between the two items in question.

I (think) I have posted a picture of the chairs and the two possible sofa swatches side by side.

This is my first house, I 've never had to decorate before!?

Thank you in advance : )

Comments (3)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.