hzdeleted_21883923

Design idea & Would involving architect be too costly?

User
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago
Hi All,

I am excited and grateful to participate in this exciting houzz forum - Hoping to transform to my dream home and having looked at ideabooks and project photos of some, it gives me amazing excitement

Got the current floor plan of our 3 bed semi-detached house (1958 built - Twyford, Berkshire) and just wanted to seek advise from others experience about employing architects for redesign / extension - would it be too expensive or would be good to think about what we want and go straight to builder?

Would be also good to get some re-design thoughts for our desires below and some rough range on costs and timeline (With and Without architect)

I like the idea of taking our ideas to an architect and then taking their revised options - but as we are first time buyers not sure on how much its going to cost us

Our main desires is,
a. To have a bigger lounge
b. Bigger kitchen with open plan & dinning
c. Ensuite Bedroom in the 1st floor
d. Kid playroom / nursery
e. Meditation / Pooja room
f. Have a ground floor shower room

Potential in the house being garage conversion and then making the conservatory / utility into a proper extension and then take it to the 1st floor? - As the adjoining semi have done the conservatory to proper extension and 1st floor built so I don't think planning permission will be a problem

Comments (6)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.