hzdeleted_22986728

HELP - Turning a bachelor pad into a family home

User
9 years ago
I bought my apartment, in a grade 2 listed building, about 7 years ago and set about making it quite minimalist, modern, clean and uncluttered as possible. Fast forward and i have just moved back into this apartment with my wife and 6 month old son, meaning it just doesn't make sense anymore and it's a mess. So i'm after some ideas to freshen it up and make it a little more homely. Current my plan is to;

1) Move the large chandler near the kitchen table to directly over the kitchen table and replace with a large cream original pendant.
2) Put some shelves up where the clock currently is to store pasta, sugar, etc in nice containers on them.
3) Replace brown console table at the back wall behind the kitchen table with a nice white wine storage cabinet.
4) Re-paint the entire flat, probably white, the kitchen being black and white gives very little scope for more colours here IMO.
5) Replace knives on the wall with some small shelves for spices.
6) Get rid of chandelier light in main living area and replace with something - not sure what yet?

So any advice, suggestions etc would be fantastic

Comments (13)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.