truecoloursinteriors

From Dodgey Pink to Elegant Greys

Our Sussex client had bought a country house with decor that was a little dated, and frankly too pink for them. We renovated the whole of the ground floor for them before Christmas, and these are photos of the entrance hall and staircase. More photos from this project can be seen on my Pro Page.

The spindles on the stairs were painted pink when they bought the house, as was the landing ceiling. The hallway was tired and needed attention.

We started by covering all the pink. Spindles were painted white, as was the ceiling. We added an oak handrail. The walls in the hallway were painted with Little Greene ceviche emulsion. The old tiles were replaced with oak flooring, and a pull-out cupboard was made under the stairs for boots and shoes.

The pink carpet on the stairs was replaced with a grey carpet, and the wall at the top of the stairs was papered with a beautiful wallpaper called "grasses" from Harlequin. The wow factor came in the form of a bespoke hand blown glass chandelier designed and installed by True Colours Interiors.

Our client were delighted with the result as were we.

Comments (16)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.