ffionfrancis

Best option for open plan kitchen layout?

Ffion Francis
8 years ago

Hi Houzzers, so you would have thought that having worked at Houzz for over a year and having SO much inspiration around me on a daily basis, I would have a clear vision for what my perfect home would look like. Unfortunately this is not the case (I am very indecisive!) and I would love your help and advice on the best layout for a new open plan kitchen/ diner layout.

Below is the current layout. We plan to completely open up the kitchen and extend out by 4m. Ideally we would also like to have a downstairs toilet and small utility room for white goods and drying clothes which I would personally prefer to enter from the kitchen which is why I am swaying towards option 1 (I don't like the idea of guests going to the bathroom downstairs and having to fight through clothes horses!).

We are south facing so hopefully should have lots of light but if you have any suggestions on this aspect too that would be great. I really struggle to visualise from floor plans so any help would be much appreciated!

Current Layout:

Option 1
Option 2
Option 3
Option 4

Comments (15)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.