freshstartcontracting

Mid Cambridge Full Renovation

For this year-long project we gutted a circa 1850 half house just outside Harvard Square. The clients, a young couple starting a family, wanted to respect the original bones of the house while modernizing the layout and materials to match a 21st century home. The theme that runs throughout the house was dubbed "Moroccan Mathematical" by the homeowners and is a perfect description of their style. We left the original flooring and millwork intact and added chrome fixtures and crystal or glass lighting for a modern touch and sparkle in the rooms. We used the couples' silk rugs, some of which were acquired on a shopping trip in Turkey, as a starting point for the color palette in each room. Pops of blue and interesting geometric shapes appear around the house, giving each room a unique personality.

Comments (24)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.