chloe_swarbrick

Need help for disabled teens room!

Chloe
8 years ago

I'd really love some help and suggestions about how to decorate my room, except here's where it immediately gets tricky - I spend 23 hours a day in my room. I am disabled and as a result have to work around that with my bedroom, on top of this, I also have quite a small room. My room is 9'0 x 8'2, but is an awkward shape in that there's only really two places for the bed to go, and one of those is blocking the window - something I want to avoid. I also need the bed to be against a wall unfortunately (this is because of my disability) and this leaves me with only one place for the bed to go.

I have done a room plan to help visualize how I intend the format of the room to go, this is not how my room currently is, everything in my room is being replaced. You may wonder why I only have a single wardrobe down, that is because I cannot reach up for my clothes so will have a chest of drawers that you can see next to my bed which will have the majority of my clothes in. I also have an assistance dog who needs to be able to navigate the room to assist me.

What I need help with, is picking a colour scheme and bedding, ect. I truly have no idea where to start. I have light sensitivity due to my disability which means my curtains are shut almost all the time, so this needs to be taken into account - the room receives no natural light. I have two small lamps which are used throughout the time I am awake, no overhead lights. I do not want white on every wall, but equally don't want a colour that is going to drown the room and make it seem even smaller. I have struggled to find pictures of rooms that are as small as mine to visualize colour schemes which is another difficulty. I have attached pictures of furniture, layouts and palettes that I like in the hopes you all may be able to help me. I have also attached the room plan.

Colours I like are mint green, gold, yellow, coral, dusty lilac/pink, but most of all I love the outdoors and nature.

Please help! Thank you so much in advance, I know I'm a complex bugger!! Feel free to ask questions if I haven't answered anything properly, and do not be scared of asking personal questions for fear of offending me, I understand that this may not be a straight forward case.

Stamford Bedroom Detail · More Info

Romantic Bedroom small budget makeover (less than $400) · More Info

SW London Edwardian Home · More Info

215 Boul Saint-Laurent #32 · More Info

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.