pips_evans

Unsure which walls to feature in my unsymmetrical living room :-(

Pips Evans
8 years ago

Hi - I live in a 1930's semi which has the living room and back room knocked through leaving a large room with 2 chimney breasts, 2 small alcoves and one large. I would like to have neutral walls as the base colour and use a nice striking wallpaper or paint colour to create a feature - but not sure what would look best - do I paper the alcoves, leaving the chimney breasts sticking out - or do I just feature the chimney breast (but think that might look weird?) and leave the alcoves neutral? We use the one half for dining and the other for the living area .... I have no idea what to do as the room is not symmetrical and every combination seems wrong...it's driving me crazy? Any ideas would be grateful received xx

Comments (13)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.