marinagaye

Lovely bedroom, but don´t know what to do with it. Please help.

Marina
8 years ago

Just moved house and about to decorate. I´m planning to paint throughout the house a creamy white. I like grey but don´t like it in the Mediterranean light here. The room faces south.

Of the furniture, I would like to keep the chest with the mirror, the blanket box and bedside chests. The other chest can go. The wardrobe is built in. I´m hoping to find a dressing table.

I would quite like white or cream lined voiles on the window so the light filters in. We like to wake with the sun and are not overlooked.

The bed needs to stay where it is as the other end of the room was added later and I can´t fit the bed and bedside chests there. I´be been searching for some nice bedding to add colour, but can´t find anything I like, the same with artwork. Ideally I would need a duvet cover with matching bedpread so that when the duvet is off in summer, I still have some colour. That makes the search even more difficult.

I like blues, cobalt, teal, turquoise. Peacock type of colours. Not Duck egg as I have that in the second bedroom. Also need lamps, but not rugs as my dogs anly have to walk through a room to shed me a carpet.

Would love some suggetions please. Sorry about the quality of the photos.

Comments (23)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.