kellyparsons201

How to get best from this long kitchen-diner

kellyparsons201
8 years ago

Hi everyone, We recently moved in here and I'd be really interested in your thoughts on this room - it is a great size (for London!) but an odd shape and layout, in that you go through the dining area to get to the kitchen and back doors to garden (most victorian house extensions I have seen seem to be the other way around, with dining area near doors and garden). The kitchen is a lovely handmade one, but not really my style, so I'm thinking of a revamp but nothing substantial (new handles and prob grey colour cupboards and some white brick-shaped tiles with grey grout etc.). Main query is the dining area - it is quite dark and I don't know how to lay out the room to make most use of space and still enable using this as a passageway through to kitchen. Also wondering if it is worth knocking out the side wall and adding bi-fold where the big window/radiator is, to have a more open feel?? My favoured style is mid-century but my furniture just isnt working in there right now, though new white walls and lighting would help that I think. Any advice would be gratefully received!

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.