rossmelliott

Dark Room with Brown Sofa

rossmelliott
8 years ago

A few years ago I purchased a maisonette 3 bedroom flat with a north facing living room.
What I failed to realise at the time was how dark the room was going to be, particularly during the day - fortunately I work during the week, so its only something that I really experience at weekends (particularly at this time of year).

My furniture consists of two dark brown sofas which I purchased, which I think makes the room even more darker. The issue I have is that I cant afford to replace my sofa furniture and was looking for any advice for incorporating dark furniture whilst having a bright space.

Im looking to start decorating in the next months or so (including replacing the oatmeal carpet we have in the room) - any tips would be much appreciated.

Ill try and get some photographs shortly

Comments (5)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.