clobur

Painting a fire surround

Clo
8 years ago

Having just installed not the most attractive looking converter fire into what was a beautiful open brick fire place I now seem left with a very dark heavy look. I would like to paint the fire surround possibly white and possibly using Annie Sloan using pure white instead of old white because I like the bright, fresh look. I'm not necessarily going for a distressed look though and I'm concerned that the dark wood colour could bleed through especially as there's no pigment in AS pure white. So I'm wondering if I should just choose a nice white from F&B or Little Green perhaps. Any thoughts advice would be much appreciated.

I will also change mirror to something lighter in colour and one which better fits and properly reflects light fitting.

I'm attaching photo of current view and ideas for new mirror.

Thanks for reading/helping....

Comments (2)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.