dudelsack

Flooring direction to make the room feel bigger.

dudelsack
8 years ago
I'd like help deciding on the direction of our flooring. The general advice seems to be parallel with the longest wall but I worry that this will emphasise the narrowness of our living space. I was thinking of having the flooring (oak boards 1200x120mm) perpendicular to the longer aspect and extending the feel of the space by having similar decking outside to continue the flow. It seems slightly contradictory to the advice I've found so I'd appreciate any thoughts. An alternative would be to have herringbone/chevron boards run towards the window as we've found them for not much more money than the other flooring. It's a small space so any tricks to create the illusion of more space is what we're after.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments (5)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.