tommyflan

Houzz Advent Calendar: December 19th - Win a print by Olle Eksell!

Tom Flanagan
8 years ago

On Day 19, we're looking north for our Advent Calendar prize towards a Swedish icon! Enter Olle Eksell, and their lower case alphabet print. Beautiful, minimal and monochrome, this print has got all the Scandinavian charm we Brits have learnt to love.

Fancy walking away with this print then? All you have to do is vote and comment telling us whether you think Scandinavian style is a hit or a miss! From warmed up whites, cosy candlelight moments and design classics, we'd love to hear your thoughts on the most en vogue style. This competition will run until December 24th.

See terms of conditions here.

Hit!
Miss!

Comments (57)

• Ali Thorpe
    8 years ago

I like Scandinavian design, both for the home and wearable fashion too.

• PRO
    Making Spaces
    8 years ago

Simple, clean, natural. What's not to like?

• msperiwinklejones
    8 years ago

I like Scandinavian style - but, unfortunately, I am far too untidy to adopt it! I think you have to be quite a tidy, organised person to live with the pulled-back, clean, style.

I prefer eclectic/boho/random mix of stuff I like.

• silyab53
    8 years ago

Ditto as above - we must never forget to add our individuality to every room in the house! And to our gardens! And to the clothes we wear!

• phillip_kerry
    8 years ago

Style and TVs dramas

• kirkysmum
    8 years ago

Love Scandi style, especially wood.

• Lynsey Buchanan
    8 years ago

I love the Scandinavian style very clean cut and elegant

• phudge
    8 years ago

Love it to bits!

• Azra dedic
    8 years ago
    In love with scandi styling, simple statements and quirky prints
  • kerryowang
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

When we started our extension, we set out to have a slightly mid century feel with an industrial edge....as we have gone along though our style has become more Scandi. I find it's very practical especially with kids, their rooms are bright and clean looking. Encouraged us to have a good purge too...I even asked for a sheepskin for christmas! What I am trying to say is I LOVE IT!!!

• poppy_fields
    8 years ago

Absolutely love it, and it's so adaptable too.

• hannahhotpants
    8 years ago

Scandinavian works so well with both vintage and new styling - I love mid-century modern - classic, warm, unique, timeless!

• Nate218
    8 years ago

Definitely a hit! So clean and simple.

• maxcope
    8 years ago

Hit hit hit!

• PRO
    Jigsaw Interior Architecture
    8 years ago

We love the scandi/nordic style -simple, sleek and snug.

• PRO
    Bitsnbats
    8 years ago

really love it. classic style.

• Sarah Williams
    8 years ago

I used to rent a fully furnished villa in Marbella. The owner was Scandinavian and she had the best style. It was stunning

• L W
    8 years ago

can't really say it's anything stand-out!

• Rosie
    8 years ago
    I only learnt about this style recently but I'm a big fan!
  • Karen Godfrey
    8 years ago

My whole house would be scandi style if I could afford it

• Gil Nathaniel
    8 years ago

I love it, but my partner loves it even more - he would love this print!

• Sandi
    8 years ago

I love it...just wish I could pull it together the way they do!

• redkez78
    8 years ago
    It works as it can overlap with so many other styles. I love it with a more rustic edge
  • clarebulmer
    8 years ago

Scandi makes me randy. Ha ha :-)

• Kel
    8 years ago
    Hit! The simpleness of it is appealing.
  • klwinters76
    8 years ago

Love the Scandinavian style. Simple. Would look amazing in my new kitchen/dining/family room! My three year old son is just starting to read, so this would be perfect on the wall.

• mattiefan
    8 years ago

Love scandi style....check out the calendars at the Finnish Design Store - Cats Let Nothing Darken Their Roar - classic!

• Ali Parkin
    8 years ago
    I love Scandinavian style, just think of warmth, fires, cosy spaces!
  • PRO
    Yasmin Chopin Interior Design
    8 years ago
    I just worked with a client who liked the paired down look of Scandi yet wanted colour! The perfect client for me! We produced a scheme we called mid-Century meets Scandi. It works a treat.
  • Zoe
    8 years ago

Absolutely love it - it couldn't be more perfect! I'm taking inspiration at the moment with a Scandi style Christmas tree

• teenytinyhouse
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Judging from my Kay Bojesen figures and the preponderence of IKEA in the house, I'm going to say "Hit!"

• Alex Evans
    8 years ago
    My teenage daughter asked for monochrome in her new bedroom which has been a challenge as it's a look that's been a bit overdone but this print is gorgeous. The black is slightly muted and the simplicity of the font and layout is really satisfying. A perfect example of paired down Scandi chic!
  • watsonjen
    8 years ago
    Beautiful typeface and beautiful print
  • Annie M
    8 years ago
    Natural, simple and easy to work with. Love it.
  • urchino
    8 years ago
    love it - particularly the pale tones and natural wood
  • Vicky Jarvis
    8 years ago
    What's not too like about it, it's clean simple and would fit into any scheme, would look great in my new kitchen, even if I don't win it I can see me ordering one
  • sarkie
    8 years ago

Scandinavian has to be a hit or else IKEA wouldn't have made such a large amount of money, clean, sleek and useful, everyone enjoys this!

• Caroline Hang Hong
    8 years ago

I adore Scandi style at every time of the year - it's White Walls and wood all the way for me. Love love love xxx

• katwel1
    8 years ago
    Definitely the best style around xxx
  • Hugh Wright
    8 years ago

It's a hit, but sometimes I think inappropriate in some houses.

• sianember
    8 years ago

I like it a lot in the right setting Some Scandi design is tremendous - thinking of those wishbone chairs.....

• c235
    8 years ago

It's a big hit, love all things Scandinavian at the moment.

• kenna_murray
    8 years ago

Great style, fits in with most settings

• arzuince
    8 years ago
    I love Scandi style,it's so clean and simple yet practical. And the print is perfect for my little one learning her alphabet!
  • Ola
    8 years ago
    Definitely a HIT! The minimalist style is gorgeous and I love the colour palatte. You doesn't need to be boring as you can play a lot with it
  • Jane Bateman
    8 years ago
    Simple and sensible.
  • paddyart
    8 years ago

Jubel

• abigailbusy
    8 years ago
    I love it's simplicity and practicality, so full of tone and light.
  • Tom Flanagan
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Hi everyone!

Thanks for all the comments and input, it was great to see so many of you get involved! The competition is now closed, and any winners should have received an email from us confirming their prize so get checking.

Happy New Year and here's to the next one!

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.