tommyflan

Houzz Advent Calendar: December 23rd - Win Howkapow cactus vases!

Tom Flanagan
8 years ago

In need of a stocking-filler but not sure where to look? You're in luck because our Advent Calendar has the answer - a set of Cactus vases by Howkapow! Currently their product of the year, these punchy, colourful numbers are a hit around the home and a surefire way to add some tropical flair to any space.

To be in with a chance to win, tell us your suggestions for stocking-fillers! Whether it's chocolate, coal or anything in between, we'd love to hear. This competition will run until December 24th.

See terms of conditions here.

Comments (56)

• Aimee
    8 years ago
    Chocolate coins and an orange have always been a must since I was younger. I think home baked things such as biscuits or a hot chocolate kit would be nice too.
  • Clio Bee
    8 years ago
    Fortune telling fish- every year!
  • phillip_kerry
    8 years ago

Matey bubble bath always takes me back to being a kid.

• Jane Irene Berrow
    8 years ago

some lovely soap

• yasminkeel
    8 years ago

For my man: some bright Paul Smith socks, a giant tube of Jelly Belly Beans, a new Moleskine diary, a Midori brass pen, Percy Pigs (he's an addict), mini bottle of Aberlour, a mug with an ironic motto.

In mine (I hope!): a new Moleskine diary, some chocolate and some bubbles for the bath, and the glass!

• Alex Evans
    8 years ago
    I'm still holding on to the (slightly deluded!) hope that we'll have a frosty Christmas morning so I'm hoping for some cosy woolly socks to keep me warm on our family walk around Richmond Park.
  • mattiefan
    8 years ago

in an ideal world - something small, from a brand that starts with a T, in a light blue box.... in the real world more likely to be gardening gloves or egg cups.. both would be equally lovely....... or maybe not!!

• Claire Kellegher
    8 years ago

Really cosy socks with toffee sweets inside - an excuse to curl up on the couch

• PRO
    Yasmin Chopin Interior Design
    8 years ago
    A pack of cards, a bag of dairy fudge, a miniature of brandy, a chocolate orange (for the toe) and a copy of my favourite home magazine popping out the top!
  • Gil Nathaniel
    8 years ago

Little bathroom products are always good (and chocolate never hurts...)!

• susannacallaghan
    8 years ago

Tangerines/satsumas - they make the stocking smell lovely too

• Liz Von Kleistenfel
    8 years ago

chocolate or smellies

• PRO
    Jane Harries Garden Designs
    8 years ago

some cheap jewellery from a craft fair, crystallised ginger for my brother in law.

• laurabaldry
    8 years ago

You can't beat a jar of Nutella, ideally with a little teaspoon for gooey spoonfuls of delight!

• julesnw5
    8 years ago

Something sweet (chocolate coins), fruity (satsuma) and funny (fake moustaches)

• Rosie
    8 years ago
    Malteaser Reindeer and a daft little toy/gadget
  • varga_emese
    8 years ago

swets, small lego for kids, sweets and a miniature bottle drink and sweets for my husband, lipstick, mascara, earring for friends

• Vicky Jarvis
    8 years ago
    It's got to be chocolate coins, satsumas and a handful of nuts still in the shells of course, followed by loads of little fillers like crayons, colouring books, dinky cars etc for the kids and smelly things for me and gadgets for hubby
  • silyab53
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

A stunning Christmas Tree Decoration which will adorn their tree year in year out, be treasured and, as I love wacky tree decs, bring a smile to their face.

Happy Christmas to everyone at Houzz, and to all the Houzzers who keep me interested, inspired, amused and, sometimes, bemused.

• msperiwinklejones
    8 years ago

When my husband and I first moved in together we did each other a Christmas stocking each - but it became stressful and we realised that we didn't need lots of little things everywhere.

So, now we only do Christmas stockings for the cats. Which means, our idea Christmas stocking stuffer is a can of tuna in the toe.

• triciamowatslater
    8 years ago

Always chocolate! and a satsuma x

• Tessa
    8 years ago

Bamboo socks! The comfiest thing I've ever worn!!

• Lila Leonie Taylor
    8 years ago

Books, chocolate coins and hats and gloves x

• sarkie
    8 years ago

The problem with stocking fillers is it always ends up being stuff you have and someone has bought you something you already have, I'm an adult so if I need deodorant I'll buy it, not wait all year for my mum to get me some! So I try to make my stocking fillers to be part of the main present and useful!

• katwel1
    8 years ago
    Chocolate coins and Satsumas as they were something I received as a child so I've carried on the same tradition xxx
  • Mulchie
    8 years ago
    A satsuma, tube of smarties and socks
  • chiara8123
    8 years ago
    chocolate coins
  • Hugh Wright
    8 years ago

Lots of sweets. Jams and other things like that for grown-ups.

• James Galloway
    8 years ago
    Our 'children' are 22 and 19 but still get a stocking ... this year it was mini coffee syrups and beers of the world from Santa ... he is great isn't he!
  • marianne_hayton
    8 years ago

When we were children we had a sock with a orange or apple in the foot ,A small toy and if you were lucky some nuts and candy.

• fcm89
    8 years ago

You can't go wrong with interesting sweets! Or maybe some classics like sherbet lemons and/or mint imperials.

• Lynsey Buchanan
    8 years ago

My suggestions for stocking-fillers is a Mini Christmas candle

• kirkysmum
    8 years ago

Small puzzles, card games, stationery items and a small cuddly toy.

• poppy_fields
    8 years ago

White chocolate buttons, stickers, craft stamps and a playmobil character for my children this year.

• Joanna Suszko
    8 years ago

Small crochet toys/decorations.

• Leah Batsheva Scott
    8 years ago
    travel sized perfume, chocolates, jewellry
  • mimiatno1
    8 years ago

Who doesn't like or needs socks!

• arzuince
    8 years ago
    Chocolate coins! And a photo book of our past year that my husband puts together online and has printed like a storybook.
  • sooziev1
    8 years ago
    chocolate coins and a satsuma, also the biggest tube of sweets we could find. This year although they're 24, 27 (x2) and 29 it's a ginormous pack of jaffa cakes each
  • redkez78
    8 years ago
    Old fashioned games, matchbox cars, Christmas decorations, chocolate coins
  • slookys
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Small lego light figures (then the kids can see what they are doing at 4am!) Products from Lush & Body shop for my daughter and new this year "Bath and Body" hand sanitizers: they come in loads of pretty colours and scents and come with holders so they can be attached to the outside of school bags. For my son it's usually anime figures like kirito keyrings, a mouse mat based on the latest game he is interested in,

Then it is christmas themed chocolate and christmas themed jelly pops.

Coincidently my daughter has a "thing" for mushrooms and cacti. She has cacti sweatshirts, t-shirts, a cacti light,cacti rubbers and living cacti. However If I won these vases I would love them for myself as they are so wacky I love them.

I hope i,m not too late to enter this I haven't been able to get onto the houzz site for the last 3 days for some reason.

• teenytinyhouse
    8 years ago

Socks! We once observed to my father that we always got socks in our stocking, and that year he didn't get any. He thought we were complaining, he'd missed the point: that we relied on the annual sock purchase every year, and looked forward to it! :D

• Micheala Yelland
    8 years ago

From coco wonderland sheffield

• rocco Christmas Pudding Dark choclate
  • clarebulmer
    8 years ago

The best stocking filler I received was a Memory Stick with lots of photos on it from the year... (and the funniest was a pack of Alka Setzer ready for the inevitable Boxing Day hangover!)

• Jane Bateman
    8 years ago
    Our stockings always contained a Clementine, a large tube of Smarties, a small toy and a pair of socks.
    So many pagan rituals covered by this.
  • PRO
    Simply DeClutter Professional Organiser
    8 years ago

Gorgeous vases

• Kel
    8 years ago
    My mum always gives me and my brother toothbrushes in our stockings. And we're both in our 30's!
  • abigailbusy
    8 years ago
    Scented candles. You can never have too many candles!
  • Kittihawke
    8 years ago
    I hate when tiny toy farm animals get stuck in my teeth whilst eating stuffed dates : )
  • Tom Flanagan
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Hi everyone!

Thanks for all the comments and input, it was great to see so many of you get involved! The competition is now closed, and any winners should have received an email from us confirming their prize so get checking.

Happy New Year and here's to the next one!

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.