robertsonlindsay

Boutique bedroom transformation

Edinburgh Apartment · More Info

This small spare bedroom is in a Georgian tenement building in central Edinburgh. The room has no interesting features and was quite dark as it is below the level of the pavement. This before picture was taken with a flash and a wide angle lense so it looks quite a lot brighter than it is. The room is very narrow so the door hit the end of the bed and the wardrobe took over the room.

Our solution was to pull the back wall forward and install a walk in cupboard in the space behind the bed which is entered from the hall. We embraced the fact that the room was dark by making it a stunning, cosy, atmospheric space.

The wallpaper is a faux eel skin from Elitis in Paris and this was mixed with a pretty floral sheer from Fox linton to soften the overall scheme. The artist Joanna Srokol painted 2 pictures for the room which were inspired by the colours in the fabric.

A bespoke velvet headboard was made in the same colour as the blue in the floral fabric. The texture contrasts well with the wallpaper to soften the overall look.

About Robertson Lindsay Interiors

Sally Homan (Design Director) is an associate of the British Institute of Interior design and has developed a stunning portfolio of beautiful homes across the UK. Her work has been featured in many interior design magazines and she prides herself of working with each clients personal tastes to create their dream home.

For more information or further examples of her work please contact Sally on 0131 629 1661 or by email at sally@robertson-lindsay.com

http://www.robertson-lindsay.com

Comments (3)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.