adelya

floor vs kitchen tops vs cabinets

adelya
8 years ago
we are renovating an old 30s house in Netherlands. It's long and tall with lots of charm and beautiful garden. this garden (and a small issue with neighbouring house window) was the main reason we have decided to build an extension and made the house even longer then it was before. the old kitchen and new extension have an L shape.
the rest of the floor is old wooden planks we are keeping and old concrete in the long corridor.
now to the dilemma. We are thinking to have the natural stone because of underfloor heating (we both love wood but have to think practical). the stone (coming from Vietnam) resembles a local blue stone.
the kitchen cabinets will be off white (still undecided).
What type of top should we chose for both sides? (kitchen is in a galley stile and connects old house with new room)
Please consider practicality (i cook alot! and this is a passage), color (floor vs tops on both sides vs kitchen cabinets) the appliances will be RVS color.

thanks in advance

Comment

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.