clarestreets

Black internal doors

clarestreets
8 years ago
Hi,

We're doing a house refurb and have decided on a steel front door (pic 1)
I recently saw a thread on black internal doors and thought it would be really nice to mirror this style in the double glazed internal doors that immediately follow the front door (pic 2 but with white architrave)
The open plan living area/kitchen is going to have these colours (pic 3) and really sets the tone of the house
My preference is to have all doors in the house with the same finish. My concern is that upstairs the hallway has 6 solid doors all quite close to each other (4 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, 1 linen cupboard) and that if they are all black it could look a bit too much? (Pic 4)
The alternative would be to have the black downstairs and oak upstairs but I'm just not sure about 2 different coloured doors?
Or maybe just to have all oak and forget the black?
Ooh decisions, decisions....

Comments (14)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.