hzdeleted_30842502

My "Chill Place"...

User
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Hello Houzzz Amigos!

This is my first post! love furniture and I'm a DIY girl, I need your help with my new "Chill Place".

Just to sum up... We finished the kitchen extension last year and is time to do the "Chill Place". "CP" is based now between the kitchen and our living room, please see pictures attached to understand.

My boyfriend bought 2 bean bags, one is terracotta color and the other one dark grey, and he loves it... no chance to change it. Ok! Ok! We have to respect his opinion. =)

Well.. the piece that I'd like to change is the mirror. I'm wondering which color do you suggest? I really like the Shabby Chic Style but I don't know which color. I will do it at home, I have my little room to do it!

Also do you think that I should by a coffee table? I think that I can do my own coffee table with Palettes, what do you think?

I'm looking forward to hear your suggestions! = )

Comments (14)

• User
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Thank you for your advice, I'm changing the living room soon as well. I know that now looks a bit empty... I'm getting there = ) Would you suggest any other kind of coffee table?

• PRO
    Sabbini & Co.
    8 years ago

First off, absolutely love the flooring.

As for the mirror you have red and black so how about a nice warm orange colour mirror to match? I always think these 3 colours look great together!

User thanked Sabbini & Co.
  • User
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Thank you Sabbini, we got the tile from Al Murad near by our house in Greenwich. Thank you for your suggestion!

• thistlejay
    8 years ago

Zespoke do some fantastic coffee tables with a huge range of colour and pattern. Worth having a look at their website. I have seen their products in a local shop to me and they are good quality. Not sure if you want shabby chic they will be right for you though.

• minnie101
    8 years ago

Hi Maressa. The extension looks really lovely. Just an idea but why not add a chair in the corner where the beanbag is with maybe a little wooden stool and table lamp or a floor lamp behind the chair. I'd then move the beanbags out into the room towards the art. Use a rug to zone that area. I'd go for a round coffee table. French connection home have some lovely pieces which I think would really suit your house. I can't decide whether the mirror really works as its treating the radiator as furniture and looks too big although it does zone the beanbags..Maybe reuse as a floor mirror as it mirrors the door appearance? Perhaps a collection of art in the CP instead? I also think you need to zone the 2 areas, maybe a small sofa at rightangles to the tv facing the window with a low bookcase behind which then forms part of your CP? Do look at french connection though, if you don't buy anything it can inspire you to make!

• User
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    That's a great idea! My boyfriend bought a light at Made... We will open the box tonight! I will show you later :)
  • User
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    New light on! I will just find the right place, any suggestions?
  • User
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    "Lighting
  • LouieT
    8 years ago

Hi Maressa, the light is great! I also love your flooring & the kitchen looks fab too, well done! This is a good looking pallet table for an idea with a red top which you could try but maybe stain the timber charcoal.

RAW Pallet Furniture · More Info
    Are you thinking about a rug too?

• minnie101
    8 years ago

Well I can't say I don't like the light as I have it :) Try pulling it out of the corner a little and angling to the right of your art so it's part of the CP rather than living area. I'm not convinced a chair will work as well in front of a tripod but will try mine tomorrow and send a pic

• User
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    Thank you for all suggestions! Next week I will start working on the mirror, I will keep you updated!
  • Mhari McPhail
    8 years ago

www.maisonsdumonde.com have some pretty cool industrial style wood/metal coffee tables ~ I think their style would look ace in your little chill out area.

• User
    Original Author
    8 years ago
United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.