tigerzebrakangaroo

Ideas for Kitchen Revamp please

Georgiegirl
8 years ago

SUE's KITCHEN 2016 · More Info

House is a Victorian ,stone built detached, in a conservation area. It has 2 public rooms- one formal and period style, one extended family room, glass and patio french doors, with slate roof overlooking garden , 4 beds, utility, study, formal dining room and eating in kitchen(cramped and a bit dark)
Mission - to update kitchen presenting opportunity to look at wish list -Brighter more spacious kitchen to eat in. Toying with the idea of opening up between the kitchen and dining room, creating one big room, possibly with pocket doors, so we can partition off the kitchen when eating with guests and not wanting to look at the dishes!. This front to back room would make the kitchen lighter and make use of a room we rarely use- dining room. Downside is we would lose a whole wall of kitchen units and worktop, we would also lose the separate more formal dining room with its more period features and be somewhat on show as very open to street
Option 2 is to put a small conservatory over the back window of the kitchen. This would retain the kitchen layout/ space- approx 3.60 x3.60, give us an informal eating area overlooking the garden- -west facing.
Option 3 is to do both. Break through and put on conservatory. There are probably other options but this is my thinking so far.

I have attached plan showing in green kitchen,utility, pantry and understair cupboard which could possibly be utilised, as could the adjoining garage. Also photos. Any advice greatly appreciated. Thank you

Comments (16)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.