webuser_731583478

Skylight over kitchen island??

Payal
last month

We are looking to install a roof lantern into our existing kitchen extension and moving the kitchen layout about as well. We want a large lantern (looking at 3m x 1.5m if possible) to maximise the light in, as the kitchen is northeast facing and we have a pocket of darkness towards the hallway.
The lantern will end up going directly over the kitchen island (it is perpendicular tonthe island in orientation) - approximate location of skylight marked by the red box. The yellow highlighted area is where the ceiling is higher as well. Not sure how we can go about getting pendant lights to work and look good, if at all, or if we should go another way by track lighting/cable lighting instead? Or anything else that comes to mind that could work?
I don't want to split into two lanterns because I'd rather not compromise on the natural light, which is already minimal. Just after some thoughts on how best to make do with the lighting?
The kitchen would be along the wall at the top of the plan, have added in a visual as well if that helps. Thank you!
P.s. have posted this question on my other account as well, posting here for reach as much as possible!

Comments (22)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.