jennysmed

Lounge finishing touches - product and style advice please?

jennysmed
8 years ago

Please find attached some pictures of my lounge. I am struggling with pulling everything together and am just sad I can't realise my vision - please can you help? If you have specific product recommendations, please do let me know. I want to sort them our desperately!

There are 3 key things:

1) Corner between bookcase and sofa - what side table should I have here? with picture above? (or will that clash with 2 main pictures) Light? OR should I put a small armchair in here? What style?

2) Corner between curtains and media unit - I am thinking about a chair with the lamp there but what chair? (mid century design? tub? egg chair? whitworth leather chair from Laura Ashley?) and should I change the lamp (overhanging brass?)? Any other ideas?

3) Corner by the door - what should I put here? I was thinking 1 / 2 nest of tables, but what tables (oak? square/ round? or brass?) and with what lamp/ ornaments? Picture above?

Really I am looking for advice for how to complete the 3 corners to draw the room together (and make it look less blank!)

But finally!! - what about the cushions. When I put the original ones there I was thinking 'draw out the purples in the pictures' but think I have gone completely over the top and it is a mass of colour. I am wondering if I should remove them all and replace with monochrome (like the Laura Ashley ones?) how many and in what combination? I have included some pictures of rooms which I would love to emulate in mine.

Please ask any questions if you think you can help me! I really appreciate all thoughts and ideas. Thanks in advance.

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.